xml-general mailing list archives

From Harald Hett <h.h...@gis-systemhaus.de>
Subject Re: HTML Parser Update Available
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:03:44 GMT
Andy Clark wrote:
> But I am thinking of changing it to "balance" or "match". The
> reason why is because even if the NekoHTML parser accepts your
> element names as-is, it still MUST modify the end tag name to
> match the start tag name. This is required to produce a well-
> formed XML document.
Again, I think the value should not lead to misunderstandings. Maybe
"nochange" is not correct for the kind of case manipulation the NekoHTML
parser must do, but "balance" is not either, I think. Hm, "match" fits
much better. Hm, what about "trim"?

> I put in the name-case properties already as well as the
> the property to set the default encoding. Next will be
> the infoset augmentations to indicate "synthesized" events.
> After that, it's just a matter of updating the docs and
> releasing the new version.
>
> But I'm getting tired so I'll probably do that tomorrow.
Well, the weekend starts now!

Bye

--
Harald Hett <h.hett@gis-systemhaus.de>
Gesellschaft für integrierte Systemplanung