xml-general mailing list archives

From Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTML Parser Update Available
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:55:18 GMT
Harald Hett wrote:
> The value "nochange" sounds good. I think it would be better to use this
> value instead of "default" or "no". It leaves no doubt about, what the
> parser does. Whereas the value "default" could be misunderstood in "let
> the parser do what he defaults to", which can also mean "convert it in a
> particular case".

Very good point!

But I am thinking of changing it to "balance" or "match". The
reason why is because even if the NekoHTML parser accepts your
element names as-is, it still MUST modify the end tag name to
match the start tag name. This is required to produce a well-
formed XML document.

For example:

  <B>bold</b>

This should come out as (using NSGMLS format):

  (B
  "bold
  )B

and NOT the following:

  (B
  "bold
  )b

What do you think about the name change? Which one do you
prefer? Or do you have another suggestion?

> Thank you for informing. I am anxious about what comes out.
>
> Happy Coding!

I put in the name-case properties already as well as the
the property to set the default encoding. Next will be
the infoset augmentations to indicate "synthesized" events.
After that, it's just a matter of updating the docs and
releasing the new version.

But I'm getting tired so I'll probably do that tomorrow.

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org