xml-general mailing list archives

From Harald Hett <h.h...@gis-systemhaus.de>
Subject Re: HTML Parser Update Available
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:29:32 GMT
Andy Clark wrote:
> This weekend I'll be working on adding some minor features to
> NekoHTML. During that time, I'll add some properties to allow
> the application to control how NekoHTML handles element and
> attribute names from the source document. I'm currently
> thinking of the following properties:
>
>   "http://cyberneko.org/html/properties/names/elems"
>   "http://cyberneko.org/html/properties/names/attrs"
>
> each with the following allowed values:
>
>   { "upper", "lower", "default" }
>
> Since I changed the property names, your request to change
> the "default" value to "no" doesn't apply anymore. So I'm
> still using "default". Does this make more sense or should
> it be changed to something else entirely, like "nochange" or
> "specified" or ...?

I am looking forward for the result.
The value "nochange" sounds good. I think it would be better to use this
value instead of "default" or "no". It leaves no doubt about, what the
parser does. Whereas the value "default" could be misunderstood in "let
the parser do what he defaults to", which can also mean "convert it in a
particular case".

> directive specifying the encoding. This is probably because
> they falsely assume that only people with Japanese systems
> are visiting their web site. (It's not just English-speaking
> programmers that ignore globalization, people! ;)
Unfortunately there is a lot more stuff, that is being assumed falsely
by the people who create web-sites ;-)

> We are having a discussion in a separate thread regarding this
> very topic. Depending on the result of that discussion, NekoHTML
> will either be rolled into Xerces OR become a separate project
> of its own. In the latter case, it's not clear whether separate
> projects are included in the Xerces codebase (but kept separate)
> or hosted elsewhere.
>
> I have no problem with NekoHTML remaining separate but it would
> be nice to have links to related projects from the Xerces page,
> as you suggest.
Thank you for informing. I am anxious about what comes out.

Happy Coding!

--
Harald Hett <h.hett@gis-systemhaus.de>
Gesellschaft für integrierte Systemplanung