xml-general mailing list archives

From Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creation of Sub-Projects
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:23:35 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Many projects have resorted to bundling-using Crimson instead of Xerces
> because it's a smaller download.

Yep, this is unfortunate but true. However, depending on the
result of this discussion, perhaps we'll get to a point where
things are much more layered and smaller for the core components.
This would be a good thing.

> Oh, and maybe using higher compression in the Xerces jar is not a bad idea
> for decreased use of bandwith and disk space.

We plan on doing exactly this for the next minor release. Then
we'll be able to tell if anyone still needs uncompressed Jar
files by the amount of screaming and cursing. :)

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org