xml-general mailing list archives

From Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>
Subject Creation of Sub-Projects
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 08:22:52 GMT
Many of the people who responded to my recent call to vote on
whether NekoHTML should be included with Xerces asked why this
wasn't a separate project. So I'd like to take the time to
discuss how we handle separate projects and/or sub-projects.

For a long time, I would have liked to break out various pieces
of Xerces into separate sub-projects. These include the HTML
and WML DOM implementations as well as the XML serialization
code. But we never answered the question about where these
things live and how they are updated and/or integrated with
the main Xerces codebase. Should they be in the xml-xerces
module? In their own module? Or should they be hosted elsewhere?

Anybody have thoughts on this topic?

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org