xml-general mailing list archives

From Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTML Parser Update Available
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:45:50 GMT
Harald Hett wrote:
> Why are the elements converted to upper case? Wouldn't it be nice to
> be able to change this feature between the three states (1) do nothing,
> (2) convert to uppercase, (3) convert to lowercase?

I was thinking about this actually. It would be very easy to
add, actually -- it's just a matter of picking the appropriate
way to handle this. Since there are three states, a feature (as
in the "setFeature" method) doesn't seem to fit. But it would
seem weird to use a property. Or maybe not...

Which would you rather prefer?

1) Two features, for example:

  "http://cyberneko.org/html/names/modify"     { true, false }
  "http://cyberneko.org/html/names/uppercase"  { true, false }

OR...

2) A property, for example:

  "http://cyberneko.org/html/names/modify"  { "upper", "lower",
"default" }

[These are just examples. I might want to modify the names.]

> Is it planned to include NekoHTML into the Xerces release?

There hasn't been an overwelming demand for it. Although, a
few people responded and said it would generally be a "good"
thing to include with Xerces. Certainly if there is a need
for it, I wouldn't mind rolling it into the codebase -- it's
actually quite small so it wouldn't add a lot to the source
or Jar file(s).

What do people think?

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org