xml-general mailing list archives

From Russell White <russw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: does my project suck?
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 01:35:41 GMT
You may be referring to this http://www.api4java.com/

There is another project call XMLTalk which is also similar.

I did check this product out, it is commercial, and I found it to be very
inflexible. It also did not handle marshalling of ui data very well, nor did it
provide an intuitive way to respond to events without compiling code.

Among other things Swang does the following:
1) it will build any object model with XML.
2) you may invoke methods on your model.
3) you may listen for events and define what is to be done with them within the
XML. This is done using reflection and dynamic proxies. So almost any event
scenario is possible.
4) you may provide declaritive branching based on boolean methods using the
<condition> tag.
5) It allows you to mark objects as belonging to a form, when you do so you
tell swang which method to invoke to get that component's value. It then
creates a map which includes the value for each component in the form. This
makes writing a front end to a MVC app that was initially developed for the web
very much easier.

All of projects I have found so far are either closed, commercial, or simply
hard to use and not complete.

Swang actually works.