xml-general mailing list archives

From Miguel A Paraz <...@free.net.ph>
Subject non-blocking XML Pull Parser
Date Sun, 28 Apr 2002 09:05:03 GMT
On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 01:11:31AM -0500, Aleksander Slominski wrote:
> i have written also driver for my XPP2 parser
> that uses Xerces 2 XNI to  implement easy to use XML Pull Parser, see:
> http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/xgws/xsoap/xpp/
> so i can can attest that it is not too hard to use
> Xerces 2 XNI pull parsing configuration ...

I am trying this out now.

Can we add an option for the XPP next() method to check first if the Reader
still has something to read, (InputStreamReader.ready() ? )and if not, inform
the client instead of waiting for input?

> creation of extra parsing thread is not possible on J2EE platform where
> EJB application server controls threading - see for example discussion
> of this issue on axis-dev mailing list (they settled for the first version to
> not use extra thread with SAX because of those problems).
> IMHO it is simply wasteful to have extra thread created for each parsing ...

This is also why I'd like to have non-blocking parsing, without having to
thread.  Thanks for your inputs!

Miguel A Paraz             <mparaz@mparaz.com>	Mobile: +63-916-423-7922
Imperium Technology, Inc.  <map@imperium.ph>	Office: +63-2-812-3155