xml-general mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: How to start writing a non-blocking SAX parser
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 17:20:00 GMT

On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Miguel A Paraz wrote:

> I'm just going through the stream and calling the content handler in the
> same way the blocking parse() method does.

This is normal with SAX in those libraries I've used (expat, Xerces,
libxml2).  You just need to select a parse mode that gets its input
via a callback, and then provide a non-blocking callback.  Indeed,
you can do the same with DOM, though there's less to gain by it.

I've spent most of today hacking mod_xml to stream its input properly:
hope to update the distributed version sometime over the weekend.

--
Nick Kew

Available for contract work - Programming, Unix, Networking, Markup, etc.