xml-general mailing list archives

From Miguel A Paraz <...@free.net.ph>
Subject How to start writing a non-blocking SAX parser
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 03:19:01 GMT
Hi,
I am looking at writing a parser or building on existing code to
make the change that the parse() method will not block.

If no input is available, it should return immediately and inform the caller,
by returning boolean false, for instnace.

This is for parsing XML data that is coming through a stream, but should not
wait on its input source (InputSource?), like by checking Reader.ready().

Are there existing parsers that do this, or, what code do you recommend I
use as a base?  I'd like to use Crimson for simplicity and small size, but
is it already being phased out in favor of Xerces?

Thanks!

--
Miguel A Paraz             <mparaz@mparaz.com>	Mobile: +63-916-423-7922
Imperium Technology, Inc.  <map@imperium.ph>	Office: +63-2-812-3155