xml-general mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Becoming an Apache-XML project
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 22:09:49 GMT
On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> I have an alternate suggestion... How about working with the AxKit project to
> build the internal engine for AxKit 2.0? While AxKit does use mod_perl for
> it's embedded perl interpreter, mostly what we use Perl for is the
> dynamically compiled stuff (XSP), and also to make things a little easier to
> override. However the core of AxKit is now a plain old apache module.

As discussed on IRC, I might be interested in sharing development
effort with axkit.  However, I'm not sure I'd be in a position to
look at that until I can build the prerequisite mod_perl on Apache 2.0.
I definitely don't want to put any more effort into 1.3 unless someone
is paying.

OTOH, if you are looking to hook anything from mod_xml into axkit,
I'll be happy to look at it, and offer whatever help I can.

> If that doesn't turn yer crank, I'd be happy to have mod_xml as an XML
> project, since it certainly makes an interesting prospect to have things like
> the output from PHP to be transformable via XSLT on the fly. However I don't
> get a vote, so my opinion is merely a voice.

Thanks for being the first voice to reply :-)

--
Nick Kew

<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>