xml-general mailing list archives

From "Panduranga Kamath P (RBIN/DCA-TSG)" <PANDURANGA.KAM...@in.bosch.com>
Subject Invoking WebServices from Applet fails
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 09:23:43 GMT
Hi,

As I understand in the normal Applet - Servlet communication, an explicit
socket connection is not opened for sending a post message.
Whereas in a SOAP client, explicit connection is established with the target
URL, which fails when the request is from an applet.

I am curious to know why this explicit connection established.

In other words Applet talks to a Servlet through HTTP and If my SOAP client
is an applet talking to a WebService over HTTP, why does this fail ?

Thanks in advance.

With Warm Regards
Kamath