xml-general mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject FW: xml.apache.org "news" section
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:35:42 GMT

Not acked.

------ Forwarded Message
From: Gary_Weaver@srspos.com
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:20:13 -0500
To: webmaster@xml.apache.org
Subject: xml.apache.org "news" section

It seems like xml.apache.org's "news" section
should be updated whenever there is a new release of one of the products. I
that it says on the page that each project is required to update the general
news pages, but this doesn't seem to be working. The Jakarta news page seems
be updated in this way: http://jakarta.apache.org/site/news.html

The reason that this concerns me is that I'm afraid that people won't
there is a newer release of Xerces, like Sun, who recently posted a report
statistics of an older version of Xerces, and they may not have realized
there was a stable (non-development) newer release of it.  Maybe if the xml
apache general news page had've been updated, they would have included in
report that there was a newer release before they posted this on their site.
informed Sun of the newer release and that they should include this info in
their report, but I didn't get a response.

Just a suggestion, to be done with what you wish. Thanks!

-Gary S. Weaver
 Systech Retail Systems, Inc.

------ End of Forwarded Message