xml-general mailing list archives

From Craig spry <ripsnorte...@yahoo.com>
Subject Newbe Question, Reading and writing an XML file
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 04:27:41 GMT
Hi List,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question,
but I thought some one here might be able to help.

I have a file with a line that looks like this in it:
<LOGITEM  message="&#60;TIME&#62; __now__
&#60;/TIME&#62;"/>

Then I open this file with xerces 1.6.0 win32 DOM(c++)
and then save this file, with some classes I found on
the net, then line then looks like this:

<LOGITEM  message="<TIME> __now__ </TIME>"/>

Now this isn't valid xml.  Is this a xerces problem or
the fault of the file writing classes?

TIA
Craig

- Vote for your nominees in our online Oscars pool.