xml-general mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <shane_curc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Xerces 2.0.1 Release
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 18:52:02 GMT
Could you or some other Xerces committer please sign these release
files and upload the signatures so we can be sure the distros aren't
tampered with?  PGP seems to be the most popular way to sign, but GPG
is often used too.

Although I'm not sure where the standard is, we really do need to sign
our distros so users can be assured of getting the genuine,
untampered-with thing from apache.

Note: you should only sign the actual distros on your local, secure
machine, you can then upload the .asc or .sig files to the website.
Don't sign the files that are already up on the website, since in
theory they might have already been tampered with.

Thanks!

=====
- Shane

<eof aka="mailto:shane_curcuru@us.ibm.com"
 .sig="Du sublime au ridicule il n'y a qu'un pas." />