xml-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [3rd party jar] crimson-ant
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 06:24:58 GMT
On 04 Feb 2002, Theodore W. Leung <twleung@sauria.com> wrote:

> This is a problem caused by importing a copy of ant in the
> distribution.  The long term solution for this is for the Ant folks
> to correctly license their jars.

Could you please expand this - what do we need to do to correctly
license "our" jars?

Current CVS contains Crimson 1.1.3 and a README file right next to the
jar that reads:

>> This directory contains crimson.jar from the 1.1.3 release of
>> Apache Crimson.  For more information or newer releases see
>> <http://xml.apache.org/crimson/>.

Do we need to include an extra LICENSE.crimson even if it uses the
same license as all other files that are part of the distribution (the
next, not the last one which shipped with JAXP 1.1 RI)?

Thanks

        Stefan