xml-general mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: [3rd party jar] w3c
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 23:37:31 GMT

On 4 Feb 2002, Theodore W. Leung wrote:

> I believe that checking in a copy of the W3C license file as
> w3c.LICENSE will solve the problem.  I have a small doubt because w3c
> jar is a collection of files from multiple jars.  If someone on the PMC
> with more legal background can confirm, that would be great.

If they where all obtained under the same license; just one will do.
Otherwise just get the liceses for the 2 or 3 parts it is contructed from
and concatenate them and/or do something like w3c.LICENCE.1.txt, 2.txt...

The point is that anyone who gets some code from an ASF repository or tar
ball needs to be able to cleany find out what agreements he is entering
into when using 'our' stuff.

Dw