xml-general mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: version numbers in jars
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 16:29:28 GMT

Oh, I misunderstood what you were wanting.

A big -1 to naming all jars with version #s.  I can't think of a bigger pain in the keister
than having to revamp my classpath settings every time a library revs.

I could see heading down a road where all the Apache jars do programatic(sp?) version information
the same way, but I would rather not make that via the filename.

--Glen