xml-general mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: version numbers in jars
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:27:18 GMT

Axis contains an org.apache.axis.Version class, which has a getVersionString() method and
a main() which prints the version info to System.out.  The version string comes from a resource
file, and is automatically updated by our ant build each time the jar is put together.  Being
a SOAP engine, we also expose a SOAP service called "Version" which allows remote querying
of the Axis version.

I'm a definite +1 to version information in jars - please feel free to check out the way we
did it in Axis.

--Glen