xml-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NekoHTML Parser License Change
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:12:57 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Andy Clark wrote:
>
> >I've had a rather limited response to my NekoHTML parser based
> >on the Xerces Native Interface (XNI). So I'm still not sure if
> >it should take up space as part of the standard Xerces-J
> >project.
> >
> Having a limited response doesn't mean it's not interesting. Xerces 2 is
> rather new, and it will take some time for people to look at the new
> possibilities it offers. But you can be sure that parsing HTML is really
> a need for many people.
>
> We've hacked AElfred to parse some "augmented" html (html with
> additional prefixed attributes), and XNI/NeckoHTML looks more robust and
> open than what we've done. Now that its license allows a wider use, we
> will have a deeper look at it in the coming weeks.
>
> I will also look for its integration in Cocoon as a
> replacement/alternative for JTidy.
>
> Thanks for this stuff. It would also gain a wider audience if it were
> part of Xerces-J.

I was thinking the exact same thing: cocoon is currently using JTidy in
order to parse HTML and provide XHTML that can be sent thru Cocoon
pipelines.

I fully agree with Sylvain that NeckoHTML would have a much higher
chance of use and growth (community-wise and adoption on other projects)
if it was integrated with Xerces-J.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.