xml-general mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: NekoHTML Parser License Change
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 10:07:32 GMT
Andy Clark wrote:

>I've had a rather limited response to my NekoHTML parser based
>on the Xerces Native Interface (XNI). So I'm still not sure if
>it should take up space as part of the standard Xerces-J
>project.

Having a limited response doesn't mean it's not interesting. Xerces 2 is
rather new, and it will take some time for people to look at the new
possibilities it offers. But you can be sure that parsing HTML is really
a need for many people.

We've hacked AElfred to parse some "augmented" html (html with
additional prefixed attributes), and XNI/NeckoHTML looks more robust and
open than what we've done. Now that its license allows a wider use, we
will have a deeper look at it in the coming weeks.

I will also look for its integration in Cocoon as a
replacement/alternative for JTidy.

Thanks for this stuff. It would also gain a wider audience if it were
part of Xerces-J.

--
Sylvain Wallez