xml-general mailing list archives

From "Tobias Wolff" <wo...@falkag.de>
Subject Perl API
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:28:22 GMT

unfortunately, there is no mailing list for users of the Xerces Perl
API, so I had to post my question to this mailing list. If there is a
better list, please tell me so.

Given the very simple XML file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE note [
 <!ELEMENT note (to+)>

and the following Perl code:

$objParser      = new XML::Xerces::DOMParser();
$objErrorHandler = new XML::Xerces::PerlErrorHandler();

$objParser->setValidationSchemaFullChecking (1);

    if(ref $@)
        die $@->getMessage();
        die $@;

print $objParser->getErrorCount();  # Gives 0!

I have just started using Xerces, so be patient. Am I missing
something? Shouldn't Xerces come up with an error, because the DTD
requires the "note" element to consist one or more "to" elements?

Best regards,
Tobias Wolff.