xml-general mailing list archives

From Edwin Goei <edwi...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Crimson questions
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:46:26 GMT
Simon McClenahan wrote:

> The Crimson jar has
> META-INF/services/javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory file, as
> specified in the javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory#newInstance()
> JavaDoc. Is this different than the Jar Service Provider example given
> above in the JAXP FAQ?

The resource file contains the name of the concrete
DocumentBuilderFactory subclass to instantiate.

> > > The only other parser is Aelfred which does not support DOM. What do
> > > applet developers use for XML parsing? Obviously not JAXP/DOM !
> >
> > You could also try using dom4j or jdom.
>
> I'm trying to stick with Java standards, and JAXP does not support dom4j
> or jdom, does it? I thought JAXP only provides for SAX and W3C DOM.

It sounds like you want to serialize a tree structure.  In addition to
DOM, there are a couple other ones I've heard about: dom4j and jdom.  I
believe they can use SAX to build their tree and they have code to
serialize the tree also.  Not sure how large the package is though.