xml-general mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <baro...@nicolaken.com>
Subject Re: [3rd party jar] w3c
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 17:17:17 GMT
From: "Torsten Curdt" <tcurdt@dff.st>

> [snip]
> > What about having each needed jar as a property, and have a setup task
> > if those file are effectively present, and if not, downloading them for
> > known location ?
> > This way, someone already having those jars locally just have to set
> > properties on the command line, and someone not having them will
> > automatically download them ? Yes, it requires a net connection, but
> > where did you get your initial source tarball anyway ?
> That's actually what I meant ;)
> ...check if the jar are there if not download them from a specified
> location.
> But it's true. The "I aggree" button could be a problem...

But if you make the build "interactive" ie ask the user to type "agree", the
problem is solved.
I would be very happy to use this method with my projects, but AFAIK
{Jakarta|XML}Apache don't have prebuilt jars to download yet.
Why not create a repository with only the jars, not the whole distribution?

Nicola Ken Barozzi                 krysalis.org@nicolaken.com
            - verba volant, scripta manent -