xml-general mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: URGENT: 3rd Party jar's in apache CVS need immediate action.
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 20:23:42 GMT

> BTW, -1 to the whole idea. The issue raised was legal and easily solved by
> simply better detailing the source of the included jars. A technical
> solution will take months to implement and simply removing the jars and
> forcing users to track their own dependencies destroys the usability of
> the software.

Just to be crystal clear:

->	The ASF will do it's utmost to not violate other people
	their licenses.

If ensuring this means that we need to close down CVS and downloads for a
few eeks, or need to pull data from our repositories - then this will be
done. We are now puzzling how we can do it with the least disruption.
Dw