xml-general mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: URGENT: 3rd Party jar's in apache CVS need immediate action.
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:57:40 GMT

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Arved Sandstrom wrote:

> But one JAR that we use may be a problem; JIMI, covered under the Sun Binary
> Code License Agreement.

Let me check - there are several variants sun has produced over the years
- with some substancial differences.

> We include the license - I just looked at it and although I grok not
> license-speak it looks dubious. Maybe you could produce a list of
> ASF-compatible licenses, and also a list of those which have
> specifically been found not to be OK. It'll help everyone out,
> including the PMC. Just an obscure URL will do the trick. :-)

Well - one of my personal preferred appproaches would be to remove -all-
jar's which are not 100% ASF. And create a xml-3rdparty repository where
we put all the 3rd party jar's and all their licenses and what not.