xml-general mailing list archives

From "Gerhard Froehlich" <g-froehl...@gmx.de>
Subject RE: Project Labrador
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2002 16:10:01 GMT
Hi Tom,

>I'd like to find out what the interest level would be between the
>XML-RPC and Axis groups to collaborate with the Xindice (and possibly
>Avalon) projects on Project Labrador.
>"Labrador is an open source modular XML object request broker.  It does
>not attempt to provide full-featured toolkit-style implementations of
>protocols that it supports, but attempts to be a simple, and easily
>configured XML Object broker that allows multiple protocol handlers,
>instance handlers, and service models."
>Labrador is a spin-off of dbXML's original XMLObject system, that I am
>currently maintaining as a non-Apache project, but I'd prefer to bring
>it into the fold if it's of any value to the other projects.
>You can find more information about Labrador at:

I know you are a pretty good dev and I have much respect for your skills
and knowledge, but let me quote stefano:

<stefano source="http://www.mail-archive.com/general@xml.apache.org/msg00806.html">
  Now, a technical question: we already have two projects which have a
  pretty high overlap (SOAP and Axis). Why do we need another one? Can't
  this "WASP lite" be donated as directly to Axis instead of creating yet
  another project on webservices?

Why do we need a another request broker. Maybe I'm to ignorant here, but I don't
see the need!

That must be wonderful! I don't understand it at all.