xml-general mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject Updating the website
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:01:19 GMT
Hi,

I just updated the news section of xml.apache.org to reflect the latest
cocoon release and was a little bit disappointed about our xml.apache.org
website.

It seems that especially the news section is not really used by
the projects as concerning releases only cocoon and xerces are listed
there. And the xerces entry is even old.

So I would suggest that the projects update this section more regularly.

In addition, the "Project Status" which fills the second half of the
news page seems not appropriate at that place. As the index page already
explains all projects, I think we should remove that section from the news.

If you look at our brothers and sisters from jakarta.apache.org, they have
some nice welcome and news pages. Now they even have some headlines on their
welcome page.

So let's see if we can make it even better as them!

PS: This has nothing to do with layout, it has to do with content. And it
has nothing to do with the format of the content (doctype, stylebook etc).

Carsten