xml-general mailing list archives

From "Andy Clark" <a...@cyberneko.net>
Subject RE : RE: Involve HTML Entities in XML
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2002 17:31:52 GMT
Just because you see question marks doesn't necessarilly mean that the
parser is incorrectly handling Unicode. It may just be a font problem --
i.e. your display font doesn't have glyphs for these character points.
-Ac

	-------- Message d'origine--------
	De: Kerstin Kohl
	Date: dim. 27/01/2002 05:23
	À: general@xml.apache.org
	Objet: RE:RE: Involve HTML Entities in XML

	Hello,

	David that's right. Thanks for solution! Unfortunately I have
still a
	problem.
	I am using now Eintities in my DTD for some Unicode Characters:

	&lt;!ENTITY amp "&#38;" &gt;
	&lt;!ENTITY gt "&#62;"&gt;
	&lt;!ENTITY lt "&#60;"&gt;
	&lt;!ENTITY quot "&#34;"&gt;
	&lt;!ENTITY rarr "&#8594;"&gt;
	&lt;!ENTITY sum "&#8721;" &gt;

	Up to rarr and sum everything is fine. But this two unicodes are
displayed
	as a Question mark.
	I don't know how to solve this.
	Tried to use following encoding:

	ISO-8859-1
	UTF-8
	UTF-16

	My Parser (Using JDOM) is running on Windows 2000 machine, which
shouldn't
	have a problem wtih unicode.

	Maybe you or someone else may help

	thanks Kerstin