xml-general mailing list archives

From Christian Geuer-Pollmann <maill...@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>
Subject Re: Forrest Layout 1.4
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2002 10:20:51 GMT
Hi Sam,

>>> What is your suggestion?
>>
>> 1st idea is to move it to the "Services" section. XML Security does not
>> provide "Web Services", but it provides authentication, non-repudiation,
>> integrity and (in the next weeks confidentiality) which are all "security
>> services". And it provides these security services for web services ;-)
>
> If we make that last statement a true statement (i.e., with code checked
> into one of the code bases) that integrates xml-security with one of the
> soap stacks, then I'm cool with that.

I'm not an Apache SOAP/AXIS user, so it was hard for me to play around with
these tools. I asked soap-user and soap-dev how I can directly access the
soap message as a DOM tree to add a SOAP-SECURITY signature. Unfortunately
no response. I want to add an example to xml-security how a SOAP message
can be signed and this signature can be verified according to [1]. If there
is someone out there who can show me how to create a simple SOAP msg using
AXIS and how I can modify the resulting DOM tree, I'll provide this
example. The only thing that stopped me was installing tomcat and all these
things.

Christian

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP-dsig/