xml-general mailing list archives

From Norman Walsh <...@nwalsh.com>
Subject Re: Donating the entity/URI resolver code
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 14:10:41 GMT
/ Shane Curcuru <shane_curcuru@yahoo.com> was heard to say:
| One important question about the resolver: what dependencies does it
| have?  I'm presuming that it will only depend on JDK 1.2 and other code
| in xml-commons, and not have other external dependencies.  Correct?

Depending on how tightly you define "external", that's true. Since its
purpose is to provide implementations of org.xml.sax.EntityResolver
and javax.xml.transform.URIResolver, it naturally has dependencies on
those interfaces.

| Speaking of i's and t's, does anyone want to double-check we've
| appropriately voted on this submission?

Hmm. I'll hold off until someone confirms this.

| Norm, have you looked at the existing xml-commons tree and the first
| 'preview' release posted yet?  My proposal for you would be to check
| in:

I checked it out yesterday. I haven't looked very closely.

| xml-commons/java/resolver.xml - Ant build script, support at least
| 'all' and 'clean' targets
|
| xml-commons/java/src/org/apache/xml/resolver/* - sources

Fine and fine.

| xml-commons/java/xdocs/resolver/* - any other user documentation; this
| will be either transformed (if it's in xml) or just copied (if you have
| stuff in static html) into a /docs directory during a build.

I'll tinker with the article I wrote about the resolver code. It'll be
DocBook :-)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM   | We have fewer friends than we imagine, but
XML Standards Engineer | more than we know.--Hugo Von Hofmannsthal