xml-general mailing list archives

From Christian Geuer-Pollmann <maill...@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>
Subject Re: Forrest Layout 1.4
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 19:38:20 GMT
--On Donnerstag, 3. Januar 2002 15:01 +0100 Stefano Mazzocchi
<stefano@apache.org> wrote:

>> > I was trying to make xml-security fit without making a category for
>> > 'parsers' and 'security'.
>>
>> Well, about the "XML Security" sub project:
>>
>> It _USES_ Xerces and Xalan, XML Signature _PERORMS_ Transformations and
>> it will _BE_USED_ by the applications which you have in the Services
>> section. Funny to sort ;-)))
>
> Ok, thanks for pointing this out.
>
> What is your suggestion?

1st idea is to move it to the "Services" section. XML Security does not
provide "Web Services", but it provides authentication, non-repudiation,
integrity and (in the next weeks confidentiality) which are all "security
services". And it provides these security services for web services ;-)

Christian