xml-general mailing list archives

From Christian Geuer-Pollmann <maill...@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>
Subject Re: Forrest Layout 1.4
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 10:22:40 GMT
Hi Stefano

--On Donnerstag, 3. Januar 2002 01:44 +0100 Stefano Mazzocchi
<stefano@apache.org> wrote:

>> Why would you want a wider category than parsing?  It seems to me that
>> an XML parser is the most basic piece of software a developer would
>> understand and would be a natural division.
>
> I was trying to make xml-security fit without making a category for
> 'parsers' and 'security'.

Well, about the "XML Security" sub project:

It _USES_ Xerces and Xalan, XML Signature _PERORMS_ Transformations and it
will _BE_USED_ by the applications which you have in the Services section.
Funny to sort ;-)))

BTW, you write:

  "XML Security implements the W3C XML Security
   and cryptographic features..."

it would be better to say:

  "XML Security implements the W3C XML Signature and Canonical XML
specifications
   ... "

And in the future it will do XML Encryption (I'm currentli working on it)
and XKMS, too.

Christian
geuer-pollmann@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de