xml-general mailing list archives

From "Robert Koberg" <...@koberg.com>
Subject Re: CMS requirements project, how to do it?
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:33:16 GMT

> Of course new ideas are always welcome, and anyone can use the
> general@xml or general@jakarta mailing lists to put them forth.  It
> sounds like there'd be plenty of jakartaites who both would have plenty
> of input for this topic, as well as plenty of existing jakarta projects
> that are existing and *shipping* content management systems.  Cocoon
> here at xml also sounds like a content management system.  So I'd
> reccommend considering looking at the existing solutions that do have
> projects and communities here at apache to see which ones you might
> want to bring input to, rather than trying to start another one yet.

This is a good example of how people have a wide difference of opinion on
what a CMS is. Stefano Maz. would not call cocoon a CMS. There needs to be a
good deal of discussion/arguments to hash things out. I doubt you want to do
that on general@xml??

What if the apache powers granted some resources to (interesting) fledgling
projects.  For example cms could use:
- discuss-cms - mailling list to shake out needs/requirements/resources/etc
----- currently using a yahoo group
- CVS repository to hold text (XML) documents to describe the project
----- there is a place for group-docs on yahoo, but no CVS - maybe not a big
deal??)
----- no code in this repository.
- cms.apache.org as a place to advertise to the public

best,
-Rob