xml-general mailing list archives

From Guillaume Rousse <rou...@ccr.jussieu.fr>
Subject Re: URGENT: 3rd Party jar's in apache CVS need immediate action.
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:59:27 GMT
Ainsi parlait Stefano Mazzocchi :
[..]
> Don't get me wrong, I'm not against this. But the above are words, I
> need something that works and jars in CVS (with the license and
> description of where they were from attached) work best for me.
As a kind of shamefuly self-publicity, jpackage project used initially
package-management-system independent xml software descriptors, that you
could find in project CVS here:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/jpackage/xml-spec

As we produced initially different rpms for different Linux distributions, we
produced them from the same stem. This could easily have been extended to
other packaging system, with something as
<soft>
 <description>
  [.. system independant software description .. ]
 </description>

  <rpm>
  [.. instruction for building rpm for this software .. ]
  </rpm>

  <deb>
  [.. instruction for building deb for this software.. ]
  </deb>

 <autoinst>
 [ .. instruction for building an auto-installable archive.. ]
 </autoinst>
</soft>
--
Guillaume Rousse <rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr>