xml-general mailing list archives

From Guillaume Rousse <rou...@ccr.jussieu.fr>
Subject Re: URGENT: 3rd Party jar's in apache CVS need immediate action.
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:59:27 GMT
Ainsi parlait Stefano Mazzocchi :
> Don't get me wrong, I'm not against this. But the above are words, I
> need something that works and jars in CVS (with the license and
> description of where they were from attached) work best for me.
As a kind of shamefuly self-publicity, jpackage project used initially
package-management-system independent xml software descriptors, that you
could find in project CVS here:

As we produced initially different rpms for different Linux distributions, we
produced them from the same stem. This could easily have been extended to
other packaging system, with something as
  [.. system independant software description .. ]

  [.. instruction for building rpm for this software .. ]

  [.. instruction for building deb for this software.. ]

 [ .. instruction for building an auto-installable archive.. ]
Guillaume Rousse <rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html