xml-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject CMS requirements project, how to do it?
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:05:15 GMT
(with cc to contentmanagementgroup@yahoogroups.com)

A thread started by Chris Perrin (I think) on cocoon-dev prompted the
creation of a discussion group over at yahoo [1] to discuss the requirements
for an (open-source) content management system and explore the options for
creating one.

We have felt a need to write a set of use-cases and requirements for a
content management system, as the CMS concept seems to have wildly different
meanings to different people (like php-nuke vs. Vignette).

Could this requirements phase take place on apache.org, possibly by creating
a new project?
If yes, how do we get this started?

We're thinking about writing use-cases in text format and storing them on a
CVS server. Could be done at SourceForge, but personally I think such a
project could benefit from being under the Apache "umbrella" from the start.

Any thoughts?
 -- Bertrand Delacrétaz, www.codeconsult.ch
 -- web technologies consultant - OO, Java, XML, C++