xml-general mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Forrest (a.k.a. xml.apache.org 2.0)
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2001 10:59:38 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Log scanner
> ===========
>
> The log scanner is a set of scripts that scan the logs from the CVS, the
> mail lists and the web site to gather information on:

I volunteer.

> Build system
> ============
>
> The goal is to have the system running completely autonomous: this
> follows the Gump approach. [Sam, I'll need your help here, since I don't
> have an account on nagoya]

You got it.

> Just like Gump which is not a subproject on its own, Forrest doesn't
> deserve that status neither as long as it remains a single-man show (and
> my experience tells me it will very likely remain so if the above goals
> are met)

We are already up to two.  I'd like to see the build system build upon Gump
(let me rephrase that: since I'm volunteering, the build system *WILL*
build upon Gump).  Perhaps Gump itself didn't have enough technical
critical mass to become a project, but perhaps Forrest+Gump does.

- Sam Ruby