xml-general mailing list archives

From david_mars...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Improving the Apache XML site
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2001 15:55:15 GMT

Stefano Mazzochi writes:
>I personally volunteer to change...xml.apache.org...
>Here is the plan:
> 3) place a newscolumn and a project status column on the homepage
>(just like I did several years ago for java.apache.org, go there
>and take a look)

I like that. I presume that the news part has the latest story at
the top, and another page where announcements of historical
significance can be held longer. On the status side: I want to see
a few things:
(a) All subprojects in alphabetical order, including dormant ones
    and sub-sub-projects all in one unified list. Remember that I
    would be looking at this list when I already know a name but
    not necessarily how deep it is in the sub-project hierarchy.
(b) For every sub^n-project listed, a version number and date for
    the most recent "stable" or officially-released version, plus
    an indication of whether additional development is under way,
    and a link to where I can see the development plan.

Ideally, the above would be susceptible to merging with similar
info from other projects. I should be able to go to www.apache.org
and just find the latest status of "Apache Axis" without having to
know what project, sub-project, and sub-sub-project it's under.
.................David Marston