xml-general mailing list archives

From "Andrew Anand" <anand.and...@fedex.com>
Subject Abnormal behavior of DOM(Document) methods
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 23:44:26 GMT
I can retrieve the value of element(p) using
document.getElementsByTagName("p") NOT always.

I can parse my XML using XERCES  DOMParser and retrieve the value of element
p.
Even if my XML is based on a DTD which contains more than 2 child dtds,
still I can successfully parse the XML and retrieve the element value using
 document.getElementsByTagName("p") . But this is successful , ONLY some
indefinite number of times after which my application hangs.
 After this point I can still parse the XML but invoking the same method,
document.getElementsByTagName("p") results in NULL POINTER EXCEPTION.

Could you please elaborate on this aspect as soon as you can.
I think this is very abnormal behaviour for the DOM(document ) methods to
work for an indefinite amount of time.
System crashes after running normally for an  indefinite amount of time,
whenever I run a case of XML based on dtd containing 3 child dtds.

Would you please elaborate on this aspect as soon as you get a chance,

thanks,
Andrew