xml-general mailing list archives

From "Anne Thomas Manes" <a...@manes.net>
Subject RE: [POLL] WASP Lite on Apache?
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2001 07:15:07 GMT
Dims,

We moved the discussion to axis-dev. There's a fair amount of work that we'd
need to do to clean up our code before we submit it to Apache, so before we
do this work we want to ensure that our code will be useful to you. We
talked about the possibilities of merging Axis and WASP, but considering the
differences in architecture, merger appears to be very challenging.

We've just released a new version of our C++ implementation, which we've
also offered to submit to Apache. Both implementations are based on the same
architecture. Our C++ implementation is already open source, so we've
requested that the Axis team look at this code before we proceed further. We
haven't heard much discussion since then.

Regards,
Anne