xml-general mailing list archives

From Martin Stricker <shu...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: xml-commons charter
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 23:05:35 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> This is also why I don't like the idea of 'xml-tools': it's too
> general.
> 'commons' is appropriate for stuff that are so common that could be
> placed in almost any other project. Sort of common denominator between
> projects.
>
> This is what I'd like to have.

I do fully agree with you here. I invented "xml-tools" to respond to a
suggestion made on xml-commons-dev to include useful tools which are not
shared between xml.apache.org subprojects into xml-commons (that would
be the way jakarta-commons is used). I wanted to keep these tools out of
xml-commons, so I made up a suggestion where these tools could be stored
- that is, if the xml.apache.org community wants them at all.

I want xml-commons to stay as it is: A repository for cross-subproject
code so this code has to be stored and maintained only once. I guess
glue code wasn't a good wording, sorry.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker