xml-general mailing list archives

From Edwin Goei <edwi...@sun.com>
Subject Re: [xerces2] info about some packaging changes
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2001 19:47:54 GMT
Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Shane, Edwin,
>
> #1: I think xml-apis.jar should contain the same thing whether it is built by Xalan project
or
> Xerces Project.

Yup, I agree with that principle.  However, there may be version skew as
to which version of DOM or SAX is included and this may require a higher
level of coordination between the Xerces and Xalan projects.

> #2: My vote is to include latest DOM and SAX Standards (Not necessarily J2EE-1.3 compatible).
We
> cannot and should not stop moving forward just because SUN picked up a snapshot to bundle
with
> J2EE.

No argument here.  I'm not saying that Apache should pick a J2EE 1.3
compatible version.  Just saying that there are third party app server
vendors that use Xerces in their implementation  and may want that.

-Edwin