xml-general mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <shane_curc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] xml-commons-which: new Which utility to replace EnvironmentCheck
Date Sat, 22 Dec 2001 22:31:23 GMT
> ---- you burton@openprivacy.org (Kevin A. Burton) wrote ----
> > Which is a General environment checking and version finding
service.
> <snip/> Just a humble suggestion.  Under *NIX the 'which' command is
used for finding
> the binary that would be executed if you were to execute the given
command.

Indeed, that's precisely why I called it that - I thought it was a
pretty good Java analogy to the shell version.  *NIX which finds the
binary you'll get if you say 'foo'; org.apache.env.Which finds the
class you'll get if you say 'foo'.  Not the same thing, but then again
commands in a shell are not the same thing as statements in Java.  8->

Anyways, along with the fact it's in a different package, it's also
'Which' as opposed to 'which' so there shouldn't be any problem, unless
you've aliased it on WinXX...

Any more comments on it's Java design or functionality?  I was hoping
to keep it simple enough to finish in my odd hours but pluggable enough
to use for most any xml or jakarta (or other) Java project.

- Shane

Feel

=====
<eof aka="mailto:shane_curcuru@us.ibm.com"