xml-general mailing list archives

From Keiron Liddle <kei...@aftexsw.com>
Subject Re: Improving the Apache XML site
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 15:18:21 GMT
On 2001.12.12 11:27 Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Now, from that perspective, our site sucks. Big time.

+1

 From the FOP perspective it needs to be much better.

 From the site: FOP - XSL formatting objects, in Java

What on earth does that mean to someone new (or even experienced) to XML
and the technologies (going to w3c will only confuse them more).

User and developers need to get a quick idea of what the technologies are
and what good it is to them. Developers also need to have a feel for what
is happening in projects and how they can jump in, most of this may be
project specific but overviews and guidelines help.

We need good examples and the exercise of our technologies in a way that
will immediately tell everyone exactly what projects do.