xml-general mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <shane_curc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: begginer's question
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 15:06:50 GMT
There are a number of good overview sites for learning about XML; they
might be a better resource than this list, which is devoted to
cross-project issues about Apache projects here at xml.apache.org.

General resources:
http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/xml.html
http://www.xml.org/xml/resources_cover.shtml

> I am a begginer in XML for java, and I felt very confused in
> following concepts or products name:

    jaxp see http://java.sun.com/xml/faq.html#JAXP_
    sax see http://sax.sourceforge.net/
    crimson - an Apache XML parser that supports JAXP and SAX (and
more)
    xalan - an Apache XSLT processor that supports JAXP and XSLT (and
much more); requires an XML parser that supports JAXP
    xerces-J - an Apache XML parser that supports JAXP and SAX (and
more)
    xml4j - Is essentially IBM's version of the Xerces-J parser; mostly
the same code, under a different license.

Also, please avoid posting HTML to the list; plain text is better.

- Shane

=====
<eof aka="mailto:shane_curcuru@lotus.com"
 BartSays="Nobody reads these anymore."/>