xml-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Forrest (a.k.a. xml.apache.org 2.0)
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2001 13:10:33 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> 3) layout
> ---------
>
> The layout previously proposed on this list was a solution to the speed
> problem but I couldn't adapt it to the depth needs identified in the
> rest of the goals.
>
> So, I resurrected my rusty web design skills and came up with the layout
> you find attached. I've tested it on IE 5.5, NS 4.78 and Moz 0.9.5 on
> win2k.
>
> Feedback, suggestions and criticisms are appreciated.

This is really great that you have taken this on Stefano,
many thanks. We will all help where we can.

I used "View source" to look behind-the-scenes and i see
that there are still tables embedded within tables embedded
within other tables. I think that this will again lead to troubles
on some browsers with the larger documents.

I realise that there may be a need to use one table to achieve
the left-hand columns. However, i would like us to minimise the
need for embedded tables, especially in the main text panel.

--David Crossley