xml-general mailing list archives

From <...@corrosive.co.uk>
Subject Re: website++: some ideas...
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 11:36:56 GMT
Des. 2 just need the top-left and bottom-right graphics. All the
no-anti-aliased text in all designs is intended to be HTML text, so
page titles don't have to be reproduced as graphics, hoping that
management is made simpler by that. Lines in the designs can be
forced to assume their width by using a 1x1 transparent gif.

The navbar has been taken as-is from Ted's sample (
http://www.apache.org/~twl/new-site/index.html ): although I agree
with you that to categorise the navigation would make it simpler to
use, it's an editorial decision which I'm not suitable to take.

If that's a direction the editorial team wants to take, I'd need to
know in order to realise secondary and tertiary (hopefully that'd be
enough) level of navigation.

A likely structure would be:

SECTION    <-- link to an index/intro page for the section

  |_ PAGE/SECTION (LEVEL 2)    <-- page or index/intro

      |_ PAGE (LEVEL 3)

--

Max Guglielmino
Corrosive