xml-general mailing list archives

From <...@corrosive.co.uk>
Subject RE: website++: some ideas...
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 11:16:36 GMT
Thanks Carel

At 12:00 PM +0100 11/1/01, Carel Bast wrote:
>Hi Max,
>My 2 (euro-)cents:
>I like your 'des. 3 v1' the best.
>The 'des. 3 v2' is confusing because of the navigation panel location.
>The other designs I find less attractive.
>-- Carel

Yes, I like the 3rd too, but I fancy its 2nd version better, for
these personal considerations:

- navbar on the r-h-s makes the main content prominent
- it's easily reachable by the majority that use the mouse with their
right hand
- it makes the design "familiar" with users accustomed to read from
right to left
- it's a departure from the "standard" left-hand side bar

but that's just my opinion. Let's see what other comments come up...

Max Guglielmino