xml-general mailing list archives

From "Neeme Praks" <ne...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Looking for tools/ideas for filtering HTML
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2001 15:45:09 GMT

You can take a look at some projects like:
* JavaCC HTML Parser (http://www.quiotix.com/downloads/html-parser/)
* HEX - The HTML Enabled XML Parser
(http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/sth/java/hex.html)

Rgds,
Neeme

-----Original Message-----
From: Jaquiss, Robert [mailto:RJaquiss@nfb.org]
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 10:44 PM
To: general@xml.apache.org
Subject: Looking for tools/ideas for filtering HTML

Hello:

     I have just joined this list, and am also a beginning Java programmer.
I appologize if this is not a suitable question for this list. I need to
write a filter for HTML pages. My goal is to read an HTML page, throwing
away all the HTML code and just keeping a block of text that occurs near the
bottom of the page. The HTML tags are liable to be unbalanced. There will be
a <P> but no </P>. I found a sample program that used the SAXparser, but it
SAXparser doesn't seem to handle unbalanced tags. Ideas/comments would be
appreciated.  Thank you.

    Regards
   Robert Jaquiss