xml-general mailing list archives

From Shane_Curc...@lotus.com
Subject Re: [xerces2] info about some packaging changes
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 22:34:00 GMT
---- you Guillaume Rousse <rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr> wrote ----
> If a 'full' xml api jar is provided, could we hope some consistent naming
> convention with the servlet api, which is currently provided into
servlet.jar?
> Something such as:
> xml.jar/servlet.jar
> xmlapi.jar/servletapi.jar
> xml-api.jar/servlet-api.jar

Hmmm - I'm not quite sure what the connection is - who's servlet.jar are
you talking about - I'm presuming Sun's?

Also, we already hashed out the naming issue here on general@xml, and at
this point it's really a deliverable from the xml-commons project so they
should be the 'owners' of the apache version of this.  I don't remember the
difference between xmlapis.jar and xml-apis.jar, but I do remember that we
specifically avoided xml.jar since there are a number of old files named
'xml.jar' that have outdated DOM, etc. versions and it's too much of a
headache to use the same name.

- Shane